Monday, February 27, 2006

Unloading the Pit Fire

The best part of a big firing is the unloading. Unless you're a pyro and in love with fire.


The kiln was cool to the touch.


Looks a little messy, who's first to stick their hands into the ashes.


Doesn't look like a lot of color with all the ashes.


Cleaned up and on the table. Adults have found their heads. Todd is telling fish stories.


No one was sure where the green came from.


Organic pod of some sort. When washed with water the green was gone.


Surfaces pushed into the sawdust came out black.


A set of extruded pieces.


It wasn't a house party so Jan had to fire a little house.


Diane's little faces.


Wonderful red flashes.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger lydiamom said...

It sure looks like fun! Sorry I missed it. Nice pictures, Alfred. I'm amazed at you as always. Thanks for emailing me about this.
Lydia

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger lydiamom said...

Thanks for emailing me about this. I'm sorry I missed it. This is really nice, I'm amazed at you Alfred. Lydia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home